Author Topic: Impreza WRX Insurance.. NIGHTMARE!! Won't insure pre 2000  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Redlined

Impreza WRX Insurance.. NIGHTMARE!! Won't insure pre 2000
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »
Haven't showed me face on this site in a while lads, just purchased a WRX and no one wants to know about the car as its 1999..

Im sure a couple of people on here know a company or two who will, or a trick or two for some type of third party extension?

Btw I'm 23. License 6 Years. Full License 5 1/2 years. NCB 4 years..

Anyone any ideas lads will really appreciate it, don't want to sell it on because of shitty insurance companies

:iroc: :iroc:

Offline fozzybear

• Team Member
  • Feature Writer
Re: Impreza WRX Insurance.. NIGHTMARE!! Won't insure pre 2000
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »
Unfortunately I suspect your age is as much a factor but keep trying, even the companies you've already been refused by as on any particular day it might be a case of quotas being filled and on the days you called, maybe they were doing fine.  Personally, if a car passes the NCT surely it's deemed road worthy.  I have also been refused once or twice on my 99 Foz, age being the given reason (that it has "turbo" in the model name is more likely even if vast numbers of cars are now turbocharged, and without incurring insurance penalty) but then again, I find a premium of around 550 a year for a 55 year old driver with a spotless record, objectionable, not much difference between TPFT and comp these days but the next quote up was around 750.

In my personal opinion, and I worked in a major brokerage house in the UK as a young fella, personal and domestic insurance and pensions is right down there with banking, at the bottom of the trough of human detritus.  Better luck in your search.
99 sleeper. TD04-19T. JGM.

Offline hiwd

• Team Member
  • Webmaster
    • Scoobymaniacs
  • Car: Impreza
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »
I had a nightmare getting mine insured.

You can get 3 refusals in writing and go to the insurance ombudsman man. They can force someone to quote you. It is the law to have insurance after all.
VF28 Turbo, FMIC, HKS SSQV, Sard FPR, Walbro Fuel Pump, HKS 3" Turbo back, Apexi Induction Kit, Apexi Power FC, Apexi AVCR, 5 Spd DCCD Gearbox, Goodridge braided brake lines, Cusco coilovers. Mapped by JGM.

Offline Redlined

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 06:45:40 PM »
I had a nightmare getting mine insured.

You can get 3 refusals in writing and go to the insurance ombudsman man. They can force someone to quote you. It is the law to have insurance after all.

I've been refused over 3 times now I could get that done but I don't fancy the price, I've only received two quotes both over 6k. Could only imagine the price on a premium  :ban:

Unfortunately I suspect your age is as much a factor but keep trying, even the companies you've already been refused by as on any particular day it might be a case of quotas being filled and on the days you called, maybe they were doing fine.  Personally, if a car passes the NCT surely it's deemed road worthy.  I have also been refused once or twice on my 99 Foz, age being the given reason (that it has "turbo" in the model name is more likely even if vast numbers of cars are now turbocharged, and without incurring insurance penalty) but then again, I find a premium of around 550 a year for a 55 year old driver with a spotless record, objectionable, not much difference between TPFT and comp these days but the next quote up was around 750.

In my personal opinion, and I worked in a major brokerage house in the UK as a young fella, personal and domestic insurance and pensions is right down there with banking, at the bottom of the trough of human detritus.  Better luck in your search.

Yep your right it's just one of those things where nothing can be done, just have to suffer and that's it.

Pretty terrible to be told you can't drive a certain car on the roads due to insurance problems.

Offline luke_sturbo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »
Have u tried acorn in Galway or Munster group dude
if in doubt go flat out

Offline "Gretts"

• Team Member
  • Car: Other
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 07:50:43 AM »
Somethings never change regarding insurance and subarus

Offline eddiegtb

• v5 sti impreza
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 05:54:02 PM »
Have you tried Britton insurance up in Donegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This web site is hosted by http://www.chireland.com.